10 Low Maintenance Crops: Grow More, Work Less, & Spend Less

//www.youtube.com/v/pbzFYZysUdg?color2=FBE9EC&version=3&modestbranding=1

10 Low Maintenance Crops: Grow More, Work Less, & Spend Less

Imagine how much work gardening would be if all crops were as high maintenance as tomatoes! Fortunately, not all crops are. Growing a number of low maintenance crops allows us to grow more, work less, and spend less!

If you shop on Amazon, you can support OYR simply by clicking this link (bookmark it too) before shopping: http://www.amazon.com/?tag=oneya-20

10 Low Maintenance Crops:

0:46 Blackberries
1:46 Strawberries
2:37 Oregano
3:11 Chives
3:28 Claytonia
4:38 Mustard Greens
5:04 Red Veined Sorrel
5:38 Egyptian Walking Onions
6:15 Sunchokes
6:56 Vegetable Amaranth

OYR is all about growing a lot of food on a little land using sustainable organic methods, while keeping costs and labor at a minimum. Emphasis is placed on improving soil quality with compost and mulch. No store-bought fertilizers, soil amendments, pesticides, compost activators, etc. are used.

//www.youtube.com/v/P4SsGnhtpkA?color2=FBE9EC&version=3&modestbranding=1

How to maintain dirt bike, these are 3 most important items,do them and keep your bike running great for long time. This is basic dirt bike maintenance that needs to be done frequently.

oil change: https://youtu.be/aFaVBeZqu3E
air filter : https://youtu.be/uDfWPFM28BE

Video Rating: / 5

40 thoughts on “10 Low Maintenance Crops: Grow More, Work Less, & Spend Less

• May 6, 2018 at 3:23 am

Here in Scotland this year. Still no bees! I have to hand pollinates every flowers

• May 6, 2018 at 3:46 am

Northern Colorado is zone 5, too, but one could not say we get ample rain. Far from it. What we plant, we have to water. Until very recently, it was illegal here to harvest rainwater. That said, we've gone for fruit trees and berry bushes, as well as strawberries. Arugula does well here and self-sows so that once you plant it, you always have an arugula patch. Broccoli requires very little effort, apart from getting it out early before the cabbage moths get to it. We grow flowers, as well, and roses are the ultimate no-nonsense flower. Some produce rosehips, which are great for tea and high in Vitamin C. I don't recommend hybrid tea roses. They're fussy and prone to problems. We plant only shrub roses—those that rebloom and can take both the heat and arid conditions of Colorado. We do nothing beyond deadheading and pruning them, plus tossing on mulch and compost/manure.

• May 6, 2018 at 4:04 am

We had fig trees at our old house planted in the 40's. They produced thousands of brown juicy figs, and we never did any work with those. I also planted purslane for greens, and curly mustard in a horse trough that took no work at all. The mustards self propogated, as did the edible purslane.

• May 6, 2018 at 4:16 am

What a wealth of information! I'm enjoying going back and watching your videos. Thank you for taking the time to make these videos! You have really inspired me to try new plant varieties!

• May 6, 2018 at 5:09 am

I have a stinging nettle patch that is perennial and requires no maintenance. They're incredibly nutritious and delicious. I just have to wear gloves and long sleeves when harvesting them and tongs when handling them inside. i have sunchokes as well and enjoy cooking and eating some of the leaves.

• May 6, 2018 at 5:42 am

I was looking for some heat tolerant greens to grow, I'm so gonna try the vegetable amaranth thanks so much Patrick!

• May 6, 2018 at 6:03 am

Mulberries! They grow wild at the park and in my friend's yard and all I have to do is bring a bag to harvest them in to. I know that's not technically gardening but once I have more yard space I'll definitely be planting some mulberry trees.

• May 6, 2018 at 6:55 am

Ironically enough, the squash that I grew late in the Summer of 2017 required very little maintenance, beyond pruning the odd leaf here and there. I think it was a crookneck, or straightneck, or a hybrid of the two, as the seeds came from overripe gourds that didn't get picked, and survived the winter snows, and spring mowwings. About the only real work I did was transplanting a few when they started sprouting, which resulted in me having a dozen plants, instead of just three.

• May 6, 2018 at 7:22 am

Vegetable Amaranth is loaded with iron! Most forgiving and healthy for you! Got to love it!

• May 6, 2018 at 7:57 am

Hello what do you use for fertilizer and is it organic? Did you say you use a tea if so do you make it or buy it? Thank you happy gardening 🌱

• May 6, 2018 at 8:47 am

Love the videos man i can’t wait to start planting this spring

• May 6, 2018 at 8:58 am

Thank you so much. I will try it out .

• May 6, 2018 at 9:50 am

I like to grow tree collards but don't know were find them here in my area I live close to Danville,I'll.

• May 6, 2018 at 10:46 am

garlic is very easy

• May 6, 2018 at 11:13 am

I just finished watching many of your videos. I really enjoy gardening with flowers and shrubs, but have never tackled vegetable gardens. The simplicity of how you describe your gardening techniques, and the volume of plantings you have accomplished, have motivated me to rethink building and planting vegetables in raised beds in an unused portion of my property. I plan to repeatedly refer to your videos as I proceed on my journey. Thank you for the inspiration!

• May 6, 2018 at 11:33 am

I saw you have something growing in those big bag containers, what are they?

• May 6, 2018 at 12:30 pm

Patrick, how do y get self sower of mustard greens if y mulch and compost. would it cover the seeds at least 1 or more inch? thanks.

• May 6, 2018 at 12:54 pm

I see your cat is actively interested in gardening. Does she help with the odd digging?

• May 6, 2018 at 1:36 pm

I grow amaranth, and wild spinach! curly kale colard, bock choy, u choy sum both the cold hardy and the summer hot hardy. i grow soft leafy greens, mustard in the august time along w bok choy that had problems bolting in the hot summer, I'm in zone 5. bec I let my garden space a place for pile compost w dead leaves, coffee ground and grasses and kitchen. I have no place to grow. so I container growth alot and in small space garden. I like claytonia and will try to order seeds. I broad cast amaranth seeds in the grass along w lambsquarters, but most of them don't grow. Maybe I needed to add some hmade compost. your vid is so good that I had to grow more.

• May 6, 2018 at 2:08 pm

Nice video … can anyone tell me which plants are easy to grow in Texas ? Pls respond. thank you

• May 6, 2018 at 3:03 pm

Should I get a yz 85 or a ttr125 for my first bike

• May 6, 2018 at 3:50 pm

Your nose is the carburetor. I thought of that metaphor as well

• May 6, 2018 at 4:34 pm

i got a non running dirt-bike and don't know anything about it someday it will run though , I've although been told its unusual or odd because of the motor .

• May 6, 2018 at 4:52 pm

Thanks for your answer ! The reason why i don't mention the source of this study is that i fear they bend in the future under the economical pressure of filter manufacturers to come back on their statement. But one precision : oiled filter, yes, absolutely, but to what i understood from the different points of view i heard, i wouldn't hurry to clean it through too often, and that the feeling of dried-up oil-coating is rather positive. But there's also a difference between where you live (dry-desert-dusty landscape), and where i live and ride, barely dusty and regularly subject to rain. Thanks again.

• May 6, 2018 at 5:13 pm

Hi and thanks for you videos. Question for you and i count on your advice and point of view : For a Human being, tonsils and hair etc… help respiratory tracks to filter dust without hindering the respiration air flow. Same for the air filter/respiratory tracks of MX : results of serious study of reliable MX institution says if the air filter is not dry enough, if it's not dry to the point that it's a bit hard, almost like 'old' looking, one could say, if the air filter is too fresh, too recently oiled, THEN dust comes more into the engine… Thank you for sharing your point of view by pushing the reply button… Raf

• May 6, 2018 at 6:06 pm

holyshit dirtbikes r high maintance

• May 6, 2018 at 6:42 pm

Great video! I just bought a 230f 04 used and I'm wondering what i should do to check the bikes condition and what needs to be done. Any suggestion? You got another subscriber!

• May 6, 2018 at 6:53 pm

OML I BOUGHT A 6K DIRT BIKE KAWASAKI 140L 2018 LASTER 2 MONTHS AGO NOW MY DAD SAYS WE SERVICE AFTER 6 MONTHS I WANT TO KILL MYSELF

• May 6, 2018 at 7:08 pm

shell rotella isn't cheap awesome oil though good vid bud just sold my my rmz 450 I still ride 93 kdx 200 perfer that bike 450 I tad hairy lol thanks bro

• May 6, 2018 at 7:41 pm

I will never own one of these after watching this video

• May 6, 2018 at 8:35 pm

is that oil made for diesels?

• May 6, 2018 at 8:41 pm

Your videos are really good even when you comment to people in the comment section . Good stuff !

• May 6, 2018 at 9:16 pm

I go like 25rides on an oil change and like 5 before checking the air filter

• May 6, 2018 at 9:55 pm

Hey man can you make a video on how hours affect the bike engine

• May 6, 2018 at 10:22 pm

I don't think my klx110L has coolant does it?

• May 6, 2018 at 11:17 pm

So do you still need to change oil after ride on asphalt, not dirt.

• May 6, 2018 at 11:51 pm

Change oil every 2 rides ?? Are you stupit ,, ?

• May 7, 2018 at 12:59 am

dual sport dirt bikes can last longer????? how much kilometers it can go

• May 7, 2018 at 1:51 am

Can I use Rotella for my ktm 2012 sxf 250?

Comments are closed.