BARFWorld.com: The Truth About Your Dog’s Food

Before you reach for that bag of dry kibble dog food or canned wet food, take a moment to watch this shocking documentary about what’s REALLY in your pet’s bowl. The truth may surprise you.

To find out how to shop smart when it comes to your dog’s food, go to http://www.barfworld.com or call 1-866-282-2273 for your FREE guide to Deciphering Pet Food Labels.
Video Rating: / 5

Although you may think all pet food manufacturers have your pet’s best interests in mind, this is not always the case. Current pet food regulations allow manufacturers to use ingredients that you would never knowingly give to your pet. In fact, you may be SHOCKED to learn what some companies are putting in their pet food!

38 thoughts on “BARFWorld.com: The Truth About Your Dog’s Food

• April 4, 2016 at 1:49 am

Our first dog, a pit named Cleo, got Ol'Roy dry kibble that when mixed with water makes a gravy consistency. This food made her break out in hives and her skin was flaky and extremely itchy. When we switched her food to Eukanuba her skin problems went away in a week or two. Now we have two senior dogs who are given Purina One and they have beautiful Shiney fur, cleaner teeth than when we got them, healthy weights and they love the rice kibble and lamb chunks. Not all big name dog foods are bad, it just comes down to trial and error.

• April 4, 2016 at 2:00 am

Dogs are hardwired to eat meat, their ancestors are wolves and sub species of wolves that hunted and consumed other animals. If you want a vegan animal get a damn turtle or bird!

• April 4, 2016 at 4:28 am

If you can't feed a dog meat then you shouldn't own a dog…

• April 4, 2016 at 4:31 am

I'm pretty sure a vegan diet isn't good for a dog or cat. Especially cats.

• April 4, 2016 at 4:49 am

My dog is vegan, and to test how happy he is, I put a bowl of chicken and a bowl of rice and beans next to each other. He chose the rice

• April 4, 2016 at 4:55 am

The vegan dogs look sickly. It's ABUSE to feed an improper diet

• April 4, 2016 at 5:22 am

When we were minding a puppy for our relatives while they were away, we noticed that he was EXTREMELY sick and skinny, had runny stools and would puke up everything he ate, the owners had noticed this too and they had given us tinned pedigree food for him. We immediately put him on the food we give our own dog, which is boiled chicken breast we get from the butchers, and he gained over twice his body weight in a month.

That shit is fucking toxic. If you won't eat it why give it to your dog?

• April 4, 2016 at 5:38 am

Get a vegan pet in this case like hamsters. guinea pigs, rabbits… and get them in a rescue center because petstores small animals business is terrible.

• April 4, 2016 at 6:01 am

Feeding your dog a vegan diet is imposing your own morals on a creature that doesn't even classify as an omnivore. SCIENCE proves they benefit best from a meat majority diet. You eat the GD tofu – give your dog a friggin' steak! I make my own dog food and it's CHEAPER than buying the commercial crap. It's AT LEAST 80% meat. My dog is in perfect health.

• April 4, 2016 at 6:42 am

damn tht maltese has really really bad tears staining poor thing

• April 4, 2016 at 7:21 am

No offense intended, but all I thought of while watching the raw food segment of this program was the bacteria on the meat andbone being spread. through the home via the dog dragging the bone. ewwww not very hygienic for the owner or the dog. Salmonella listeria and heaven knows what else.?

• April 4, 2016 at 8:13 am

raw food diet yes, vegan diet? hell no. they are fucking carnivorous more than anything they need 80% meat 10 organ meat( half of that being liver) and 10% broken down veggies /fruits.

• April 4, 2016 at 8:37 am

Hill's has been doing research on animal nutrition since the sixties. I reckon they know what they are doing…and feeding a dog fruits is over the top. Grains yes, after all that's what's found in the stomach of wolves' pray as well. Dogs are omnivores, like humans and pigs, but on the meaty side., unlike us or pigs. Me thinks the whole barfing thing is more like a religion than anything else. And why not feeding cooked meat? The proteins would be easier to digest, and transmission of parasites and deseases is inhibited.

• April 4, 2016 at 8:48 am

Dogs are carnivora. They cannot thrive only on vegetables. Their stomach enzymes are good for metabolizing proteins but not so much for fibers and carbohydrates. What we have in dry kibble is lots of processed grains as the "filler"- around 50%. The other part is ALWAYS meat and offal BY-PRODUCTS, hydrogenized fats, preservatives and supplements. On the other hand, raw dog food is natural and biologically appropriate, that has around 80% fresh meat and ground bone. The other 20% should be vegetables and fruits. Only this way dogs (and cats) can have healthy diet and good health.

So, forget about kibble food for it makes many dogs and cats sick, as it really depends on the level of their general immunity. I used to feed my 4 years old Boxer with "premium" kibble (Royal Canine for Boxers) and he is now a very sick dog with diagnosed Pancreatitis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease and early Arthritis. I recently put him on BARF raw food, he is still sick but at least he loves the food, stopped vomiting and I hope his health will improve.

• April 4, 2016 at 9:17 am

Require better regulatory standards on pet food nutritional information – search the Whitehouse petitions. We can change pet nutrition!

• April 4, 2016 at 10:25 am

I had watched this video over & over before reading any comments, because I was horrified when I saw the large dog in the white bag (at 3:22 & 4:10) moving. I was going to post to see if anyone else had noticed it, and now read that they have. This makes me so SICK, as I have heard & read that this happens to animals.

• April 4, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Did they separate the carcasses from the plastic bags first or did they just shove it all into the shredder?

• April 4, 2016 at 2:06 pm

I feed my dogs beef and veggies. you think a big can of Purina lamb and rice that has lamb in it is going to cost 1$ dummy up

• April 4, 2016 at 2:41 pm

• April 4, 2016 at 3:34 pm

wtf is that that needs to be illegal why would they do that I personally if someone gives me their name will take that person into the middle of time square and fill his butthole full of rotten animal corpses and people will aplaud me

• April 4, 2016 at 3:37 pm

• April 4, 2016 at 3:41 pm

my dogs eat blue buffalo which I know is cattle meat and chicken fish and vitamins because my grandma feeds her dog that and now her dog is 18 and can still run and jump….also its expensive but hey if u can buy a phone u can buy a bag of 15 dollar dog food

• April 4, 2016 at 4:17 pm

I'm gonna do a YouTube video …ADOPT THE PETS IN OUR WORLD AND FEED THEM HEALTHY

• April 4, 2016 at 5:26 pm

This is what you get when you pet food contains "animal fat", "animal protein", "animal by-product meal", and "animal anything else". If they don't know what animal it came from, you don't either. This is one of the sickest forms of recycling, and keeps the vets in good business. Want to know why your dog is sick and crazy? This is why.

• April 4, 2016 at 6:07 pm

You didn't throw a dead dog into a barrel… I will kill them